Assigned: Sept. 17, 2013
Due: Sept. 24, 2013
Please read chapters 4 (Elements) and 5 (Theme) of the class textbook "The Art of Game Design" by Jesse Schell.
Answer the following questions in your blog (this is individual). If you have answered the question previously, copy/paste your previous response and improve on it. Your game is undergoing evolutions after all, and your understand is increasing over time. Some questions might seem confusing. The book discusses these and makes it possible to think and answer the questions. Please discuss with the instructor if necessary.
- Four each of the four elements of the Tetrad, explain how it is addressed by your game. If one of the four elements is not used, please state this.
- Do the four (or less) elements work towards a current theme?
- In your own words, describe the meaning of a "theme", and how does it differ from an "experience" (see book for examples in Chapters 2 and 5.
- What is your game's theme?
- What are the elements in your game that are meant to reinforce this theme?
- What is it about your game that you feel makes it special and powerful?
Your blog should have a header for each question and an answer for each question so that I can clearly identify question and answer.